November started out fairly calm but then got very busy! The most emotionally draining month I've had so far this year, of course, was this month. My dear friend, Ang, had been battling cancer since May of this year. Her family was ready to set out to Disneyland and right before they were supposed to leave, she was rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately, she didn't make it. I was able to be with her for the last two days of her life up in the hospital. My heart hurt so much for her and her two young children. It truly is so tragic and I miss her so much. A few of her girlfriends and I organized the Hope For Ang Benefit and Silent Auction to help with funds for her and her family. I was so excited that it turned out wonderful and we brought in over $10,000.00. Her memorial service was the following Saturday and that was emotional as well. Ang touched my heart from the day I met her. She was married to Mike's cousin, Cory Gregerson, for 5 years. She was Michael's caregiver when I worked at North Pines Middle School and we became very close. After that year they got divorced and I found other care for Michael. However, we remained in contact, and even more so once she found out she was diagnosed with cancer. We got the kids together a bit this summer and I'm hoping that Michael will be able to continue to spend time with Madi and Mason even though Ang is gone. It was amazing to me the amount of support I witnessed throughout this whole ordeal. Friends of mine who didn't even know Ang sent words of love and support and it was soooo appreciated. THANK YOU! We have all lost a wonderful soul and I can only hope that she is up above watching over us and laughing at all that we get upset about. Truly, she is an angel.
I continued to take lots of pics of Michael. Here are a few faves:
Michael is in preschool two days a week and has been having fun. He even had his first school program. Since it was right after Veteran's Day, he was supposed to dress up as an Air Force person.
Mike, his dad, Bob, Matt Sanchez, and his brother, Shane, went to Wyoming for a hunt. Yep---dead stuff:
We can't believe how far Michael has come since he's been in preschool. He is now drawing "mom."
Bubba got to go to a hockey game, Mobius, and Disney On Ice!
For Thanksgiving, Mike's brother, Rick, and his family, Lori, Haley, and Kylie, came to visit from Minnesota.
No comments:
Post a Comment