Feb 7, 2008

February 2008 Update


I was driving along Bowdish Road the other day and saw a girl about 7 or 8 years old walking on top of the burm that was leftover from a plow. I suddenly was hit with the memory of me and my sister doing the same thing when we would walk home from school in the 70's. As great as that memory was, it does not make me feel happy about this winter. I am so ready for warm weather and being able to take Bubba outside for walks every day. I suspect many would agree with me. Aside from this being an especially snowy winter, it has also been difficult driving to and from work every day. About fifty percent of the time, Mike and I can ride together. Those times are usually because neither one of us has an afternoon or evening commitment in the valley or we are actually getting along.

Bubba is one year old and almost walking. He takes a few steps here and there but soon realizes he's not holding onto anything and slams down on his bottom. We are still enjoying his 12 hour nights...ahhhhh.

Spencer is anxiously waiting for spring so he can have some kite flying opportunities. He also is getting the paperwork together so he can do Running Start in the fall. He'll be going to SCC and U-hi at the same time. At least...that's the plan.

I had my 40th birthday just this week. The girls took me away for calgon and not so calgon moments. It was a blast and I'm blessed to have such wonderful friends.

Mike is hoping to get down to Tri Cities to hunt something...duck I think. We might even join him down there...he can hunt and the moms and kids can stay warm inside.

Stay tuned for more pics this month. I got a new camera and high speed internet...so I'm set!

1 comment:

kesch said...

cool blog, thanks for the update...
Kesch



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com